I promote this act of kindness not because I’m a personal motivator. I just believe a small act of kindness make big different to the society. Besides this act of kindness is an act of cleanness to the physical, environment, mind, emotion and soul.
The next visit to the self-service restaurants like McDonald’s, Burger King, Subway, KFC and others similar restaurants, throw our own rubbish before we leave the restaurants. I have some people looked at me when I did that (in Malaysia). It’s not about showing off, it’s about beauty that lies in every cleanness act. Besides, it trains our minds to stay clean.
Try to look at these ways:
1) Cleanness and dirtiness is a habit. You actually carry the habit (without you realize it) to the public. And that’s one of the personal brands. Are you a clean person? Turn around and check the table you sat for meals.
2) Act of cleanness is a way to tell our minds that we are a clean person. Our minds memorize what we did. Then it reflects the beauty of it throughout our personalities. The act of cleanness is not just affecting us physically but also mentally and spiritually.
3) What we tell our minds when we leave our rubbish on the table and walk out from the restaurant? We tell our minds this “It is okay not to clean up our mess”. Then it becomes an attitude where, in many occasions, we leave our messes to be cleaned up by somebody else.
4) Let’s reflect this habit of dirtiness and relate it into our lives. See how people really enjoy doing things they like but when problem arise, they walk away and leave the mess behind and hoping somebody else clean it for them. It just the same habit, only in different forms and scenarios.
5) When we clean up the table so others could use a clean table too, we increase our act of kindness and reduce our act of selfishness.
6) Important for the parents: When we throw our own rubbish, we are teaching our children to do the same. Children learn best from their parents. If we leave our rubbish on the table and leave, our children do the same to us when we have our meals at home.
7) This act of cleanness will help the restaurants crews focus on cleaning other places like floors, windows, kitchens and washrooms.
8) When we help our environment stays clean, it helps us stay clean in many ways.
Don’t mind the service tax. We could give it as a service for clean washroom, sit on clean chair or safe playgrounds for the children. It just a small charity if we choose to look at that way. After all, it called Self-Service. It should be self-service until we leave the restaurant.